Monday, April 11, 2011

File #:13 Subject: Playoff Beards and Butterfly Goals

Once the Sabres moved into 8th place I started my playoff beard.  Now that they are in the playoffs, here's my playoff beard!  I know it's not much, but it's the thought that matters right?  I came up with a chart of where my playoff beard ranks.  I feel that it is fuller than Crosby's, but I don't come anywhere near Hartnell's. 
 I'll post my predictions for the Sabres before the 14th.




Now for my butterfly goals. 

Flexibility is my fitness goal for hockey this year.  The two stats I want to focus on are my butterfly width, and my splits.  Right now my butterfly width is 35 inches from big toe to big toe (Picture below).  I want to be able to widen that to between 40-45 inches by this time next year.  The way to measure the splits is to measure from the floor to your groin.  I am at 18.75 inches now.  By this time next year I want to be under 12 inches.  By following some flexibility trainings by Maria Mountain I think these are both reachable goals.  I just need to make sure that I stay motivated and spend time stretching every day.  To help stay motivated I will keep everyone updated on a monthly basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment