Monday, May 23, 2011

File #:19 Subject: A Quiet Place

I took this past Thursday and Friday off and spent the weekend at A Quiet Place with Angelina.  AQP is a large cottage on acres of land.  We love spending time out at AQP, it's relaxing and a great place for us to reconnect with each other and with God.

When we arived on Thursday the relaxing began right away.  We sat on the porch and talked and watched the frogs in the little yard pond.  We put a frozen pizza in the oven for dinner and payed Yatzee while we waited for it to finish.  After dinner we went back to the library to watch some TV.

Friday we woke up to the sun shining in on us and a rooster from the neighboring property crowing.  We ate breakfast, started a jigsaw puzzle and just hung out.  Before we new it, we were halfway done and it was lunch time already.  We ate some sandwiches, talked about what's going on in life, then went back to the puzzle.  Throughout the day I made frequent visits to the yard pond to make all te frogs jump back into the water.  My inner five year old came out in me and I was REALLY fascinated with making the frogs jump.  Later, Angelina made pasta quiche, a new recipe for dinner.

Saturday we finished the jigsaw puzzle and prepared for our friends Gary and Carrie to join us.  When they arrived, Angelina gave Carrie the tour of the house (Gary had been there before), and I helped finish dinner.  We sat down to a grand meal of pot roast with vegetables, salad, rolls and great desserts.  We decided to walk off some our dinner and hiked the trail back to the big pond.  The big pond also brings out my inner five year old, and I spent about twenty minutes throwing rocks into the pond.  I am still the master rock skipper.  We spent the rest of the night playing Scattergories and a game called In a Pickle.  We really enjoyed In a Pickle, it ranks up there with Apples to Apples.

Sunday, we cleared out of AQP around noon and made a lunch stop at Red Robin.  After lunch, we parted ways with Gary and Carrie and headed home.  After getting unpacked, I got comfortable on the couch and prepared to watch the hocky game.  That didn't work out too well, I fell asleep and slept through the game, and a thunderstorm.

Even though I spent the day at work, vacation doesn't feel like it's officially over until a certain someone comes home.  After work I went over to the kennel and picked up Bruno.  He was super excited to be back wih me and not hanging around a bunch of strangers.  Now I'm hanging out at home realizing that vacation is over, but I'm fully rested and recharged so I think I can make it until our next vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment