Thursday, June 2, 2011

File #:21 Subject: Pump-Up Music

During the Memorial Day cookout at Mom and Papa's house, we started talking about how I wear headphones at work.  I wear them most of the day for multiple reasons.  I use them to drown out loud conversations and other noises.  Music also helps keep me from getting distracted by other people in the office. I am able to focus on work and not get sucked into conversations going on around me.  Papa was saying how he can't have anything with words in it or it gets distracting for him.  I am the opposite, if it doesn't have words, it puts me right to sleep.  Angelina and I then told him about the phenomena of "Pump-up Music". 

Pump-up music is music that gets your blood flowing.  It puts your state of mind in a place that makes it feel like you can do anything.  It's like the PA guy in an arena picks the perfect song and plays it in your head!

I have 9 or 10 songs on my MP3 player that I always start the day off with.  I choose which ever one I feel like would pump me up the most, hit play, and close my eyes for the first minute or so of the song.  When I'm fully feeling the music, I start working and leave my MP3 player on shuffle.

Here are some of my go to pump up songs.  They are in no particlular order.  There are more, but these are one's I've used recently and could think of.  Also, if you have any songs you use to get pumped up I would love to hear about them in the comments (links welcomed).

Dance With The Devil - Breaking Benjamin
Harder Better Faster - Daft Punk
My Hero - Foo Fighters
Stylo - Gorillaz
Band On The Run (Cover) - Foo Fighters

No comments:

Post a Comment