Monday, December 26, 2011

File #:29 Subject: Who Needs A Monitor

So, the back light on my laptop broke.  For the past week I have been panicking, what am I gong to do with out my laptop?!?! All my music, all my pictures, videos, everything is on this laptop and nothing is backed up!  What am I going to do?  I decided that I would ask the IT Director at work if he had any extra monitor cables that I could just hook the lapop to my TV.  Luckily he did, and he gave it to me at no charge.  I got home plugged it in and powered up the laptop and.... nothing.  It wasn't getting the information to the TV.  Crap.  Panic sets in again.  While visiting family for Christmas, I ask my Stepdad (who is good with computers) what he thnks is wrong.  He shows me that there is actually a button to hit to make the monitor feed go to the TV instead of the built in laptop monitor.  So today, a little afraid to try it, I finally get the laptop out, and find the button.  I hook the cable up, power up the laptop and hit the button.  After a few tense moments the picture comes up on the TV! WOO HOO!!! Now I am sitting probably unreasonably close to the TV because the monitor cable is kind of short, but typing on my laptop with a 27" TV as a monitor! SWEET!  I can't wait to watch the Sabres game tonight on it!

Once I get used to typing at this new angle (the laptop is actually in my lap for once) I while update everyone about how awesome Christmas was!

No comments:

Post a Comment