Tuesday, March 22, 2011

File #:3 Subject: Motivation

While I listen to the Sabres game tonight I thought I'd write another post. 

As I was spending time on the elliptical at the gym this afternoon, I thought that a good subject tonight would be "motivation".  Reason for that thought? I had none of it before I left for the gym!  The lack of motivation I think has started at work.  I still enjoy my job, but current circumstances have made it feel like I am just spinning my wheels.  I am having a hard time catching up paperwork, a hard time transitioning to a new program used to open accounts, and no matter how hard I try to get my reports cleaned up, they just stay full of crap.  The wheels spinning feeling makes it hard to want to go into work in the morning.  Luckily, my supervisor is awesome, and she is able to keep me sane (I'll post about that more later).  What gets me through work days/weeks like this? Lunch with Angelina sure helps!  We went to lunch today, and it was a great break away from work.  By the way, Mom and Papa, thank you for lunch today.  Another thing that helps at work is clearing old items off my outstanding items reports.  Now, let me tell you about these reports.  When our sales staff opens an account or loan, it shows up on my daily report, when they turn in that loan or account, I check it off my daily report.  The items not checked off at the end of the month get put on my "Outstanding Report".  They don't get removed until the staff member turns it in.  There are a lot of items on the three variations of this report (Accounts, Loans, and Errors), that are still outstanding from last year and even 2009.  So today I focused on getting some of the older items off the reports, which means I go and look over the sales staffs' shoulders and have them do what I need them to do.  I was able to get a good deal of items off the reports today, so I think that'll help me get to work in the morning.

Next motivational hump today? The gym, dun dun duuunnnnnn!!! It's been a week since I've been, so I really didn't feel like going.  I made the mistake of coming home from work instead of going straight to the gym.  I was able to get my butt off the couch and made it to the gym.  I only did half my work out, but I think I needed to shorten it and work back up to my full routine.  With Angelina back in school from spring break, I should be more willing to go while she's in class.

Now, for the ultimate need of motivation!  I want to take out the bushes in my front yard, because I think they look like crap.  I need to make sure that I stay motivated to finish the project.  I tend to not finish projects, but Angelina said she would be okay with this removal of shrubs if I promised to actually finish it.  So I promised (Dear Lord, please keep me focused and motivated after I start this project.).  Rain is supposed to be coming through soon, so I thought it would be easier to pull up the roots with ground wet.  As extra motivation, I am posting a picture of the bushes now, and I plan on posting what it looks like after I'm done.


Thank you for listening to my rant today, I hope everyone's week finishes up on a high note!

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." - Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment