Monday, March 28, 2011

File #:8 Subject: Rick Jeanneret

In preparation to listen to the Sabres game tomorrow and the rest of their seven regular season games, I have decided to share with you another reason why I love Buffalo hockey.  Rick Jeanneret.  He puts his whole heart into commentating for the Sabres, and his creativity makes him one of the most entertaining announcers in ALL of sports.  I've only missed a few games this season.  I watched most of them, but once the FCC took over the websites that I used to watch them, I started listening to the live stream off the Sabres' website.  It's actually just as fun as watching it.  Lying on the couch with my eyes closed, listening to Rick, I can just imagine being at the game.  The energy that Rick sends through the radio waves is just as electrifying as the energy the fans put off in HSBC Arena.

Only missing one season since the 1971-'72 season Rick has been making exciting plays more entertaining with his great calls.  Here's a Sports Center Top 10 list of his best calls.  I will list a few of my favorites that weren't in this video below.


Now for a couple of my favorites:
  1. "There have been more cheap shots in this game than in a Mexican cantina during happy hour!"
  2. "Top shelf where Mama hides the cookies!" (After goals that hit the top of the net)
I hope that you get the chance someday to listen to a whole game that Rick calls, preferably a playoff game. GO SABRES!!!


”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.” - Jacques Plante, Hall of fame goaltender

No comments:

Post a Comment