Sunday, March 27, 2011

File #:7 Subject: Weekend in Review

Sunday night means work is less than 12 hours away. It means that one more weekend adventure is in the books.  Now I need to figure out where to start telling you about it.

Let's start Friday night shortly after my last post.  My best friend, Brandon, was in town for the weekend and we watched the late basketball game.  Game one of the weekend kept the hearts of everybody watching it from beating.  I don't think my heart started beating until five minutes after it actually ended.  Nothing like watching exciting games with friends.  We were able to pull out the win at the end of the game. Our star freshmen hit the game winning fade away with five seconds left.  We were worried that there was still too much time left in the game to celebrate, but a miss at the other end of the court officially started the celebration.

Saturday started with a failed attempt to go to the farmers market.  It was a cold morning, so the market moved into a mall near the normal site.  I was being stubborn, and didn't want to go to the farmers market inside a mall.  I took Angelina back home then headed to the gym, while she worked on homework.  I changed my workout a little bit, and enjoyed it quiet a bit.  After my warm up jog and stretching, I skipped the half hour on the elliptical and went right into weight lifting.  After I lifted, I shot around a basketball to keep my muscles loose.  Needless to say, I suck at basketball, hockey is definitely my sport.  Chasing down all those rebounds was a good cardio workout that felt closer to playing goalie than spending time on an elliptical.  After that, I went and hung out with Brandon again.  I introduced him to Orange Leaf (Which is freaking awesome if you've never been!), then we went and bowled for awhile.  This then led into two games of air hockey.  The final goal of the two games was priceless. Somehow, when Brandon tried to hit the puck, he threw the paddle down to my end, and knocked the puck into his net at the same time.  We couldn't figure out how it happened, but it was the funniest thing that we've seen in a long time.  Angelina and I then house and dog sat for friends of ours.  We took advantage of being on the other side of town and stopped at Red Robin for dinner.  As always it was amazing!  What wasn't amazing was the fact that when I went to put my leftovers in the back seat, I dropped the box.  Seeing that half a burger laying on the pavement, cold rain soaking into the bun and washing away the sauce was enough to make a man cry.  I thought about that burger all night. If fact, I'm kind of missing it now.  Later, we watched "It's Kind of a Funny Story".  Good movie, I highly recommend seeing it.

Now onto Sunday.  After leaving the house we were watching, we grabbed lunch and went to Wal-Mart.  The best part of our Wal-Mart trip?  Angelina asking me as we walked in past a group of people blocking the doors, "What are all these strange people doing here?"  My wise ass answer, "Its Wal-Mart!"  You never seem to run out of interesting people at Wal-Mart.  After we got home and the car was unloaded, I worked on my yard project some more.  I brought Bruno up front with me, and we ended up playing more than I actually work.  I did get some of the smaller roots up, and raked most of the leaves and trash out of the area.  I need to get the rest of the roots up before I can finish getting the leaves out; the roots are getting in the way.  But once that is done, I'll till the area, plant grass seed, and pray for the best.  Then there was game two of the weekend.  It was pretty close the whole game, but we were able to pull out the win.  I am actually watching the news right now, and seeing how the city celebrated with us just getting into the Final Four, makes me worried about what's going to happen if we win the whole thing.  After the game, Angelina and I went to Panera to meet our good friends Jeanette and Elliott for cookies and wedding talk.  It's always good to hang out with them.

Now, as I sit on my couch and type this post, I take a deep breathe and start to get mentally prepared for this coming week.  I hope everybody had as good a weekend as I had, and make the best out of this coming week.

"The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend."  ~Chuck Palahniuk

No comments:

Post a Comment