Thursday, March 24, 2011

File #:5 Subject: Bite Guard

Today I had a new bite guard fitted. I have been having pain in my jaw recently, and my dentist said that he thinks I'm grinding my teeth. He recommended getting this bite guard and wearing it at night. It feels awkward, but I'm sure it will help my face feel better. After it was fitted by the dental assistant, my dentist came in and looked it over and was giving me tips on how to care for it. He said to brush it in the morning, but don't use toothpaste. Apparently I looked at him like I thought he was joking, because I did think he was joking, and he said "I'm serious, some toothpastes are gritty, and will eventually sand away at the material.". I didn't mean to look at him like that, but how often does your dentist tell you NOT to use toothpaste? I was sure that all dentists used toothpaste to clean everything from their cars to their dishes! Now that I know that sometimes even a dentist doesn't recommend using toothpaste, I can take care of my bite guard and start the face healing process.

Also, I have decided to add a song to the end of my posts on Thursdays in honor of Thursday Night Live. TNL hasn't started yet, but after the beautiful weather yesterday, I know its close.

Here's this weeks song: Rainbow Connection - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes


I told my dentist my teeth are going yellow. he told me to wear a brown tie. - Rodney Dangerfield

No comments:

Post a Comment